If your back office software allows for the management of gift certificates, or you have a system you've created, and you'd like to sell these online, this article describes the steps.
- In your back office system, create a SKU for each denomination you'd like to sell. It should have th following characteristics:
- Non-stock or non-inventory SKU
- Should credit a short-term liability account in the general ledger (optional)
- Sync the new SKUs from the back office to StorePorter
- If desired, group the SKUs into a family
- Add description and images.
- Add a disclaimer that the gift card can only be redeemed in-store. For instance
This gift card can only be used in our physical store location in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. If you'd like to purchase a gift certificate that can be redeemed in our online store, please click here.
- Modify (or have your web developer modify) your online gift certificate page with a similar disclaimer. For instance:
This gift certificate can only be used in our online store. If you'd like to purchase a gift certificate that can be redeemed at our physical location in Couer d'Alene, Idaho, please click here.